Short Minutes of NHPRN online meeting, 19-03-2021
- 09.30 – 10.00: Welcome
- 10.00 – 11.00: COVID & civil society (presentation by Magnus Karlsson, Ersta University)
- 11.00-11.15: Break (Coffee/Tea)
- 11.15 – 12.00: Plenary discussion based on the presentation
- 12.00 – 12.30: Lunch
- 12.30 – 13.30: Plenary discussion about further work of the NHPRN and the working groups
Moderators: Leena Eklund Karlsson & Fereshteh Baygi, Southern Denmark University (SDU), Denmark
Leena Eklund Karlsson – organizer of the events for the next two years – welcomed participants, especially new members of this network to the 29th Nordic Health Promotion Research Network meeting (online). New members presented themselves shortly. The participants were reminded to cross-check their information on the webpage (www.nhprn.com ). Fereshteh Baygi is the co-organizer for the upcoming NHPRN meetings.
- Presentation scientific topic:
Professor Magnus Karlsson– Ersta Sköndal Bräcke University College, Sweden- gave an interesting presentation on the topic of “COVID-19 and civil society”, (available now in our website www.nhprn.com ).
- Plenary discussion about further work of the NHPRN and the working groups:
- Theme for the next meeting: It was expressed that for the next meeting we will continue the COVID-19 topics. Participants suggested some presenters for the next meeting. It was also suggested that in the next meeting we will discuss in more detail the future strategy and goals of the NHPRN and also about how to recruit new members.
- Date and place for the next meeting: Next meeting will be 25-26 November 2021, hopefully on-site in Copenhagen (WHO/EURO). If the physical meeting is not possible, then the online option is a 1-day event on Friday 26th November. More information will follow later this spring by Leena & Fereshteh.
- The meeting dates in spring 2022: 31/3-1/4, 2022.
- Reports from the working groups: Leaders of each group provided a brief explanation of their group’s activities during the last months. It seems that all groups have been actively working during the COVID lockdown and had meetings and prepared articles. Besides, two new members of the network have already decided to join these working groups according to their interests.
- NHPRN home page: Since Bo has paid already for having no advertisements until the end of December 2021, this will be the case. However, then further on the adverts on our webpages will come back starting on January 2022. Thus, from January 2022 THE PAGES WILL BE FREE!
Minutes taken by:
Fereshteh Baygi, Assistant professor
Center of Maritime Health and Society, SDU
Powerpoint presentation by Magnus Karlsson: